Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Coconut Macaroons



I am back!! So here is an update on what has been going on:
  • The hubby got back from San Diego
  • We moved from South Carolina to Miami
  • Got the house unpacked and organized
  • Planning the little man's first birthday party (which by the way is this Sunday!)
  • Spending a lot of family time together before the hubby goes back to work
I am so happy to start blogging again!! Ok now on to the recipe. I made these coconut macaroons for my mommy, which she loved. They are so easy to make and extremely yummy. 




Ingredients:
  • 5 Cups of Flaked Coconut
  • 2/3 Cups of All-purpose Flour
  • 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
  • 1 14oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract





Preheat oven 350 degrees. Combine coconut, flour and salt in a large bowl.






Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.







With a small ice cream scoop, drop coconut mixture 1 inch apart on to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.






Remove macaroons from oven and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely.






Enjoy!!


With Love,
Jen
   

7 comments:

  1. welcome back Jen! And love love love the recipe! I was talking about making these the other day with my hubs. Gunna have to try them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelley I am glad to be back!!! They are super yummy I am sure your hubby will love them!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Jen.. Im doing a post tomorrow on removing word verification and I used my comment to you as the example on what it looks like. I hope thats ok? If not I can change it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconut! Macaroons are SO good. Glad you're getting settled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Thanks for sharing another great recipe with Things That Make You Say Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been a busy lady. Welcome back, I am sure you are so glad to get settled to the point that you can make these awesome Macaroons. They look delicious! Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete