Monday, December 19, 2011

M&M Cookies




These cookies are crispy on the edges and chewy in middle not to mention huge. I think these might be my new guilty pleasure. I found this recipe on the Joy Of Baking website. I doubled the recipe so I would have enough for the guys at the hubby's job and some to keep in our cookie jar. This is the recipe doubled.




Ingredients:

  • 4 Cups of All purpose flour
  • 2 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking soda
  • 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
  • 3 Sticks of Butter, Room temperature
  • 1 1/3 Cups of white sugar
  • 1 1/3 Cups of packed Brown sugar
  • 2 Whole Eggs
  • 2 Egg Yolks
  • 3 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Cups Of M&M candies





In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.








In your mixing bowl beat butter and sugars until fluffy.







Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add whole eggs and egg yolks. Mix until well blended. Add in vanilla extract.






Gradually add flour mixture and mix until dough forms.







With a large ice cream scoop, scoop dough on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Only place six cookies on each cookie sheet. Wet your fingers and gently flatten the dough. Add M&M's to the top of the cookies lightly pressing them down on to cookie dough.






Bake cookies for 15-17 minutes making sure you rotate cookie sheet halfway through. Remove cookies from oven and let them cool on baking sheet for about 2 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheet on to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.





Enjoy!!



With Love,
Jen

3 comments:

  1. I love me a huge cookie! I remember buying them at Mrs. Fields at the mall when I was a kid. These look so good! Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look so colorful and beautiful - It's a wonderful treat for the holiday
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,
    I just love M&M Cookies. The colors are just great for the holidays! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. I am wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete