Monday, December 12, 2011

My 2 year anniversary

It is hard to believe that it has been 2 years since I heard the magical words from my doctor, “You are officially in remission”. I will never be able to thank my hubby for taking care of me and being the rock that I needed to stay positive. My parents who turned their lives upside down to come take care of me. My godmother who traveled thousands of miles to South Carolina to come spend two weeks taking care of me. My whole family who took time out of their day to pray for me to get better and stronger. My friends who have always been there for me. Life has a way of always surprising me, it is true that god only sends you things you can handle.  I feel blessed everyday that I was able to beat cancer and I was able to bring my beautiful baby boy to the world. At the same time that I feel blessed. I live with a huge fear inside that my cancer will return.  I don’t want to miss my son growing up. I don’t ever want him to see me sick. I don’t know if I will ever lose this fear I have or if it will ever get better. God is good and I know that he will continue to bless me. Now all I can do is live my life to the fullest everyday and know that I am stronger than I think I am.



Jason is the wonderful gift that god sent us.


With Love,
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Chami.  You have the strongest sprit I've ever seen. I admire your strong will and the person you grew up to be.  The best daughter,the best sister, the best mom, the best wife and the BEST EST friend any could have.  You are carring, loving, thoughtfull, honest, loyal, smart, suportive, hard worker, simple, and many more  qualities. You say your blessed and I say I'm blessed to have someone like you in my life. You may not now, but I know that you will overcome that fear.  Love u always.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a special person. I believe everything happens for a reason and maybe you went through that to become a stronger person. I love you and I will pray for you always!!! Fear will try to overcome you but stay positive and thank God every day for all of your blessings!!! I'm blessed to know you :)

    ReplyDelete