Thursday, January 26, 2012

Banana Bread



I have been staying at my parents house in Miami for the past 3 weeks because the hubby is in San Diego,Ca going to Recruiter's school. The little man and me sure miss him!! I hope the next couple of weeks fly by!! Well since I am staying at my parents house my brother has been making some requests. I have never made banana bread but he asked so I said why not I will give it a try!! When the banana bread came out of the oven I was so happy that they looked great. 




Ingredients:

  • 7 or 8 Ripe Bananas, Smashed
  • 2/3 Cup of melted Butter
  • 2 Cups of Sugar
  • 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
  • 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract
  • 2 Teaspoons of Baking soda
  • A pinch of Salt
  • 3 Cups of All-purpose flour





Preheat oven 350 degrees. In a large bowl mash all of the bananas.





Mix in melted butter.







Mix in sugar, eggs and the vanilla extract.






Add in baking soda, Salt and flour mix until well combined.





Pour mixture into 2 well greased 4x8 loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.








Remove loafs from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool completely. Remove the loafs from the pans and slice to serve.





Enjoy!!


With Love,
Jen
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    Your Banana Bread looks very moist and full of flavor. We would really enjoy your recipe. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love banana bread! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen this looks great! I have never made banana bread.. thank you for the easy recipe! Ps.. can I use black bananas? Someone once told me that its a good use for black bananas.. hmmm.

    Ps.. Im glad you linked up to my party last Friday.. I hope to see ya again this Friday :)

    ReplyDelete