Ok so I have never really tried jambalaya before I made this recipe, but if this is what jambalaya tastes like boy have I been missing out. The best part of this recipe is that you can stick almost everything in the slow cooker in the morning. The first time I made this my brother loved it so much that he keeps asking me to make some for him. So I finally made some more and he ate two huge plate fulls.
- 1 Pound of sausage, cut into 1 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 Pound Of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 14 1/2 oz Can of Beef broth
- 1 14 1/2 oz Can of Diced tomatoes, undrianed
- 2 Celery ribs, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Tomato paste
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 1 Pound of cooked medium Shrimp
- 4 Cups of cooked white Rice
In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. With a spoon mix everything together. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
Stir in shrimp and rice. Cover the slow cooker and cook for 15 minutes.