Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Broccoli Fritters

This picture does not do it justice!

I really love broccoli. So when I find a new recipe with broccoli I always have to give it a try. This recipe will have the whole family eating broccoli (yes that is how good it is!!).  I found this recipe as I looked for some quick and healthy meals on the Taste of home website. I changed it a bit. I used a bag of frozen broccoli florets because I didn't have fresh broccoli at hand.



Ingredients:

  • 1 Bag of frozen broccoli florets
  • 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 Egg whites, ligthly beaten
  • 1/3 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 Teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
  • 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
  • 4 Tablespoons of vegetable oil




I roasted the broccoli instead of steaming it. It is your choice which way you would like to do it. Personally I like roasted broccoli better. Defrost the broccoli and put it in a bowl. Drizzle with some E.V.O.O. and season with salt and pepper.





Mix in E.V.O.O., salt and pepper making sure you coat the broccoli.




Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place broccoli on a greased baking sheet. Cook for 25 minutes.




Remove broccoli from oven and let it cool.




Coarsely chop broccoli and set aside.




In a bowl add 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites.




Lightly beat eggs.




Mix in cheese, flour, salt, garlic and pepper.









Stir in broccoli.






Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.




Drop batter in pan and press them down lightly to flatten.




Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.




Enjoy!!


With Love,
Jen   

Cast Party Wednesday









  







0 comments:

Post a Comment